Sunday, October 11, 2015

Speak in Absence

 
This new piece is called....Who will speak in my absence.
 
 
 
On an individual basis the artist always hopes that their work will speak for them long after their absence.  On a global scale.....how many voices don't have anyone to speak for them in their absence. My dolls have always had the ingredient of merging cultures with familiar or contemporary aspects. Those elements go into the mixing bowl to create something that reflects a world view that is inclusive.
 
The black and red checkerboard in the skirt is pieced, as the diamonds in the blouse. Halfway through the piecing I began to realize I may have lost my mind. Hats off to all the quilters out there.
 
I made the tiny tassels for the necklace. I also added embellishment with coiled wire and beads to the sari border focal point in the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment